Become a member of GSMN…
There is loads of information available which can become overwhelming.
GSMN members have the opportunity to attend Information Evenings on the ‘Pathways to Medicine and Rural Pathways’, UMAT/MMI preparation and assistance and with the support of the local medical community and Monash Rural Health, Wildfire Network, access to Simulation Labs, clinical workshops and exposure, work experience, tutoring and mentoring opportunities just to name a few.
Medical students will have the opportunity to give back and provide support to local secondary school students who are part of the GSMN Network through initiatives such as tutoring local secondary school students who are members of GSMN as well as helping with Careers Evenings and Clinical Skills events.
There will also be mentoring opportunities from the local medical community to medical students during their undergraduate studies. This is available to Gippsland students who are either studying locally or interstate.
GSMN offers advice, support and opportunities in a range of activities
For secondary school students:
- navigating the pathways into Medicine and career prospects
- networking events and clinical skills/ SimLab exposure
- understanding entry requirements for Medicine such as the UMAT and multiple mini interviews
- mentoring from Gippsland Medical Students
For medical students
- networking events and clinical training / exposure
- understanding the Gippsland Internships through GRIT (Gippsland Regional Internship Training) and the EGCBI (East Gippsland Community Based Internship Program)
- understanding career pathways in Gippsland such as the Rural Generalist Program
- mentoring from Gippsland doctors